Localitatea Gornești este reședința Comunei Gornești

Comuna Gorneşti este situată în partea nordică a judeţului Mureş pe drumul naţional DN 15 Târgu-Mureş – Reghin, la 17 kilometri distanţă de municipiul Târgu-Mureş. Este traversată de râul Mureş.

Comuna Gorneşti are în componenţă următoarele localităţi: Gorneşti, Iara de Mureş, Ilioara, Mura Mare, Mura Mică, Pădureni, Periş, Petrilaca de Mureş, Teleac. Localităţi învecinate: Glodeni, Voivodeni, Dumbrăvioara, Sângeru de Pădure.

Trăsăturile climatice ale zonei sunt o consecinţă a poziţiei sale în centrul Transilvaniei, respectiv în zona climatului temperat-continental moderat. Aplitudinea medie termică este de 23-24°C.

Comuna Gornești

Arii şi habitate naturale de interes comunitar ( Natura 2000)

Mai puțin de câte 1% din suprafața comunei Gornești, respectiv a comunei Ernei este considerată Arie de protective specială avi-faunistică ( SPA), iar prin Pădurea Glodeni respective Lacurile Fărăgău- Glodeni, 18%, respective 3% din suprafața comunei Glodeni este arie specială de conservare( SAC) în cadrul Natura 2000

Personalități

  • Samuel Teleki (1739-1822), cancelar al Transilvaniei, fondatorul Bibliotecii Teleki.
  • Istvan Bethlen (1874-1946), om politic liberal, prim-ministru al Ungariei intre 1921-1931.
  • Alexandru Cardinal Todea, al doilea cardinal roman s-a născut în Teleac. A fost arhiepiscop și mitropolit de Alba-Iulia și Făgăraș-Blaj.

Comuna Gornești

Scurt istoric al comunei...

old-map-1

1841

In 1841, iron ore was discovered in the Tualatin Valley, but it was not until 1861 that its existence was an accepted fact. In 1865, the Oregon Iron Company was incorporated. It was the first of three companies that hoped to make Oswego an industrial center, the „Pittsburgh of the West.”

edit-gadsden-1616084_1920
Old Museum

The first iron smelter, in George Rogers Park, went into production in 1867 and continued to operate intermittently under a 2nd corporation, the Oswego Iron Company, until 1881. It was succeeded by the Oregon Iron Company, which operated at the old plant until 1885. In 1888, its operators built a new smelter on the current Oswego Pointe site.

1867

1890

At its peak, the iron industry employed some 300 men. In 1890, production reached 12,305 tons of pig iron. Oswego was booming. It boasted a growing population, four general stores, a bank, two barber shops, two hotels, three churches, nine saloons, and Davidson’s drugstore. An opera house proved to be a profitable investment.
edit-neighborhood-802074_1920
fixed-wing-316707_1280

With the demise of the iron industry, Oregon Iron & Steel turned its attention to land development. It built a power plant on Oswego Creek from 1905 to 1909, and following the incorporation of the City of Oswego in 1910, sought permission to erect power poles to provide electricity to the community.

1905 - 1910

1930s

Paul Murphy developed the Oswego Lake Country Club to promote Oswego as a place to „live where you play.” By the 1930s, its growth as a year-round living environment was well underway. Murphy built the first water system to serve the west end of the city, and encouraged noted architects to design fine homes during the 1930s and 1940s.

bar-1846137_1920
condominium-690086_1920

Residential development around the perimeter of Oswego Lake accelerated in the 1940s and 1950s. With the annexation of part of Lake Grove to the west in 1960, the name of the city was changed to Lake Oswego. Today, Lake Oswego is considered one of the finest residential communities in Oregon.

1950s

Close Search Window